Experienced. Credentialed. Independent.
Many “advisors” in our geographic area follow models replete with conflicts of interest. They measure success by how much they sell, not by how much true value they provide. They are product or commission-driven and their sales skills usually far exceed their investment knowledge. As fee-only advisors, the qualified advice we give puts your interests before our own.
You deserve to know that the advice we provide is objective and based upon enlightened knowledge, thought, and study.
Over our decades in the industry, we have been fortunate to learn from excellent mentors and colleagues. We have devoted countless hours to learning the keys to successful investing and financial life management.
Few investors understand how easy it is to meet the minimum requirements necessary to hold yourself out as a financial advisor or financial planner. You don’t have to earn a degree from a college or even graduate from high school. You simply have to pass a basic 3-hour examination. As investment professionals at Grand Capital, we hold ourselves to a much higher standard.
We don’t view wealth management as a job, but rather a profession and an essential part of who we are as people. We have earned the following credentials:
- CFA® charterholders
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- Certified Investment Management Analyst® (CIMA®)
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®)
- Certified Trust and Fiduciary Advisor (CTFA)
- Advanced degrees
What should our credentials mean to you?
Your wealth should be in the care of someone who has demonstrated the skill, discipline, and emotional maturity to meet the high standards required to be awarded these designations.
For some, excellence is optional. For us, it’s mandatory.
We see ourselves as lifelong learners devoted to pursuing excellence for the sake of our clients. Please view Meet Your Team for our degrees, advanced designations, and vast experience.
Our Investment Philosophy
As an evidence-based advisory firm, we believe…
- Broad global diversification reduces risk and enhances return.
- Minimizing expenses and taxes is a sure way to keep and compound more investment earnings for the investor.
- Capturing asset class returns is the most efficient way to grow assets.
- Discipline is essential to long-term success.
- Successful investing is about time spent in the markets, not timing the markets.
- Some (not all) risks, when managed intelligently, can lead to higher expected returns. Risk and return are related.
- Overwhelming evidence has shown that active management does not serve investors well.
- Markets are efficient. They may not always be rational in the short run, but they are still very efficient.
- Most everyone does better with a coach – the right coach. Don't confuse a salesperson with a coach.
In order to best implement our investment philosophy, we select low-cost funds whose characteristics are best aligned with our beliefs.
- The primary fund family we use is Dimensional Fund Advisors. Dimensional was founded in 1981 and has a long history of applying rigorous academic research to practical investing.
- We also use low-cost exchange traded funds (ETFs) from companies such as Vanguard, State Street (SPRDs) and Blackrock (iShares).
- For a comparison of investing the Grand Capital way versus active management, please see our infographic below.